Saturday, October 31, 2009

Josie's Midtown

This is one of my favorite restaurants in the world. If there was one in Newport Beach, I would be there at least twice a week. Everthing is organic. They use no dairy in preparation unless noted in the dish's description. It's the only restaurant I enjoy "family style" dining, because I know I can digest everything so I do want to share and try new dishes.

I have not been in five years because when I go back to the city I usually stay on the Upper East side or Central Park West. But this trip my parents needed to have dinner at a restaurant close to Grand Central*, so they could get the train back to Connecticut and be tucked in at a decent hour...so...family dinner at Josie's was ON.


It all came back to me. Fast. The sweet potato spread. The fresh foccacia and multi-grain bread. The ginger grilled calamari with golden pineapple and red pepper salsa (dish featured in photo). I actually wanted to get two entrees that's how happy and hungry I got just reading the menu. My "usual" when I first discovered Josie's was the warm macadamia crusted chicken breast with orzo and salad. This time I GOT CRAZY and tried something new...the seared tuna entree. It pretty much evaporated off my plate. My parents shared their dishes with me and they too were outstanding (filet mignon medallions with truffle mashed potatoes, mushrooms, and asparagus - all butter and cream free - and shrimp "un-fried" brown rice with tons of veggies and delicious seasonings).

If I ever have the luxury employing a personal chef, Josie's is the first place I will call. A girl can dream, right?!


*Josie's is a stone's throw from GCT on 3rd Ave. and 37th

No comments:

Post a Comment