Thanksgiving came to an end. I'm completely turkey and pinot-ed out and left with a craving for a sultry cab, reserve gouda, roaring fire and spanish guitar.
Popping a Fontanella Family Winery 2009. Premiere Napa Valley. Auction 15 Lot 124, Melanson Vineyard, Cabernet Sauvignon...Bottle 14 of 60. Not exactly sure what every detail means (except that this juice sounds pretty darn special) but also not in the mood to be a student tonight...just ready to drink something intense and tasty. That I got...
- Stains the glass a brickish purple
- Red rose on the nose, prettypretty
- Dense fruits: red and black but not pure jam, acidity is present with a youthful freshness
- Some oak on the finish, alllllllmost too much (others would hardly detect but I'm supersensitive to wood in my wine)
- Very silky tannins
- Leather, leaves, and a mellow dustiness/extra dimension
- Pleasant grip on the finish