Thursday, September 24, 2009

The Privilege To Drive

I am working on regaining the privilege to drive in the state of California in mid November (I'm confident you can do the math here.) After functioning for four and a half months without a license, I have a fierce new appreciation for laws and social responsibility. Plus, an awareness of the luxury of exercising logical forensics to make an exception to policy. I have waited in line for hours. I have paid temporally and financially. I have never been a more humiliated, and, of course, humbled. I'm now more patient. More respectful. (Sorry for all of the "I"s.) And I'm thankful this happened. It is easy to go through life and never experience what I did. Respect your fellow humans and the law. If you don't, the clock is ticking. Think it is only fair to finally share this.

No comments:

Post a Comment