Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect

We've heard this saying many times. Especially as kids. I think it's supposed to inspire us to stick with something that's a challenge, but (not surprisingly) I've always taken it literally. I applied this philosophy to almost everything and also believed in perfection. The perception, the reality, and the self-destructive path getting there.

Now, I'm thankfully writing off perfect as a human state of existence. My goal is to be present and let my senses, soul, and mind do the rest. Maybe by being more aware I can learn and improve organically. Sounds like the same result of "practice makes perfect" and a lot more attainable than aiming for perfection from your regimens.

Practice presence. 
(deep breath)

1 comment:

  1. My yoga instructor last night said something meaningful to me about this: "The past and future only exist in our thoughts. All that is real is present." I focused on the present immensely in my practice, and it was the best practice I've had to date.

    ReplyDelete